- Prep Time15 Mins
- Cook Time20 Mins
- Serving3 People
Recipe of Veg Cutlet
Follow this simple recipe of veg cutlet to relish its delicious flavor at home.
About Vegetable Cutlet
Vegetable Cutlet is one of the popular and easy-to-prepare Indian snacks that you mostly found on Indian restaurant menus. Inside is the mixture of mashed potatoes and a variety of green vegetables whereas, outside they are covered with a crispy layer that gets after they are fried well. Cutlet can be served with green chutney, sauce, or garlic chutney.
Inside it, many different veggies are present like- potatoes, peas, carrots, French beans, spinach, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, and beetroot.
Making of Vegetable Cutlet ➢
Preparation Time ➣ 15 minutes
Cooking Time ➣ 20 minutes
Serving people ➣ 3
Veg cutlet ingredients ➢
- 5 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- one chopped green capsicum
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chilies
- Chopped ginger
- 1 lemon juice
- Few coriander leaves
- ¼ turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (salt to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Few chopped cashew nuts (optional)
- Bread Crumbs
Recipe of Vegetable Cutlet ⮞
1. First, take a bowl to make a batter by mixing all add boiled potatoes (remove the skin), green peas, grated carrot, chopped green capsicum, cooked cauliflower, chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger, few chopped coriander leaves, and lemon juice.
2. Now add all the spices- add ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon red chili powder, ½ tablespoon garam masala powder, ½ tablespoon cumin powder, mix everything well by hands.
3. Add few chopped cashew nuts and bread crumbs mix everything properly.
4. Take a little amount of mixture and make it into a patty form in whatever size you want.
5. Now take corn flour add little water then mix it properly till the cornflour dissolves.
6. Dip those cutlets in the corn water and roll them into bread crumbs.
7. Keep the cutlets in a refrigerator for 10 minutes.
8. Take a pan put some oil when the oil becomes hot turn the flame medium drop the cutlets carefully
9. When the color change to golden brown takes them out.
10. Crispy hot Veg Cutlet is ready to serve.
How to Serve Veg Cutlet ⮞
The spicy crispy Veg Cutlet mostly serves with green chutney, mint chutney, or tomato sauce. To enjoy this delicious snack have it in the evening with either tea or coffee. They can also put inside the sandwich or burger to fill your empty stomach.
Nutrients present in Veg Cutlet ⮞
Veg Cutlet contains-
- Calories- 44 calories
- Carbohydrates– 32 calories
- Protein- 5 calories
- Fat- 6 calories
Is Veg Cutlet good for health?
Yes, Veg Cutlet is healthy. Veg Cutlet is the mixture of many veggies like- carrots, green vegetables, and onions. They are also healthy for diabetes, heart, and weight loss. The Cutlets are fried in much less amount of oil they are not deep-fried and are a healthy evening snack.
What is Veg Cutlet made of?
Veg Cutlet is a quick ready snack that is made by mixing different vegetables and masalas like- potatoes, carrot, peas, beans, onions, green vegetables, and spices like- cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder, after that they are fried to get a crispy texture.
What does Cutlet mean?
Cutlet means the mashed vegetables like potato, carrot, beans, and green vegetables or cooked mutton, chicken, or fish that is fried with a batter covering different spices are also used like cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder.
Try out this recipe of veg cutlet at home, that is healthy and also not time-consuming. Let us know in the comment section that you are enjoying our recipes for any queries leave your comment in the below box.
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 4g6%
- Sodium: 51mg2%
- Carbohydrates: 10g3%
- Protein: 2g4%
- Potassium: 243mg7%