- Prep Time10 Mins
- Cook Time30 Mins
- Serving2 People
Recipe of Methi Matar Malai – Restaurant style
The recipe of Methi Matar Malai is the popular North Indian Curry that is prepared with fresh green peas, fenugreek leaves (methi), and milk cream. The recipes can be found in many North Indian and Punjabi restaurants. So, try out this quick-to-make recipe at home.
About Methi Matar Malai
The recipe of Methi Matar Malai is a healthy, creamy, and delish recipe. It is the popular North Indian dish of winter. The gravy that is prepared is white in color rather than the other red or green gravy that is found in paneer butter masala, masala bhindi, chana masala, or palak paneer.
The recipe hardly takes a little time to get prepared if you have all the ingredients like green peas, fenugreek leaves, and milk cream ready. Methi Matar masala recipe is mostly made in winters when fenugreek leaves and green peas both are available, but it can be prepared anytime through the year if you have all the things available.
The bitterness of fenugreek leaves in the recipe is balanced well with green peas and cream.
The methi matar masala can be matched with any dish, but it will get perfect with butter kulcha, lachha paratha, or butter naan.
Making of Methi Matar Malai recipe
Preparation Time ➢ 10 minutes
Cooking Time ➢ 30 minutes
Serving People ➢ 2 people
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek leaves ( methi)
- 1/ ½ cups green peas
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- ½ tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Few chopped coriander leaves
Methi Matar Malai recipe
1. Take a pan and put 1 tablespoon oil let it heat in a medium flame then add cumin seeds and onion in it.
2. When the onion changes its color to brown add chopped tomato and stirs them until they become soft.
3. After that add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste, ½ tablespoon turmeric powder, ½ tablespoon red chili powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, mix everything well and cover it with a lid for 5 minutes to cook the masala properly.
4. Now uncover the mixture when it is cooked well stir everything.
5. Now that add green peas, ½ tablespoon garam masala powder, and 2 cups chopped fenugreek leaves. Stir everything well cover it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. After few minutes add 1 cup cream/malai mix everything well for 1-2 minutes
7. The hot Methi matar malai is ready to serve to garnish it with cream and chopped coriander leaves.
How to serve mehti matar malai
The wintry methi matar malai dish can be eaten both times in lunch or dinner and goes best with chapati, butter naan, kulcha, paratha, lachha paratha, and lassi.
Methi matar malai is a healthy recipe as it contains cream, green peas, and fenugreek leaves it. Also, if the person is suffering from any type of disease like diabetes, heart problems, or wants to lose weight, they can also try out this recipe. They just need to replace full-fat milk with low-fat milk and have to use half-fresh cream then the recipe turns out healthy for them.
Methi mutter malai contains 258 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 25 calories, proteins contain 25 calories, and fat contains 169 calories.
The recipe of Methi mutter malai is a healthy dish because of the ingredients used in it. So, try it out during these days when eating healthy is essential to have a strong body and immune system. For any queries leave your comment in the box.
- Daily Value*
- Protein: 6.3g11%
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g4%
- Fiber: 4.2g17%
- Fat: 18.8g28%