- Prep Time10 Mins
- Cook Time25 Mins
- Serving3 People
Recipe of Lauki ka Halwa – Bottle Gourd Halwa
If you want your taste buds to taste something sweet, creamy, and yummy then try out this amazing recipe of lauki ka halwa.
Lauki ka halwa is one of the common sweet dishes that is prepared on different occasions and festivals. Lauki halwa also known as doodhi halwa just needs a few hours to get ready if it is cooked properly and by an expert.
The lauki ka halwa is the mixture of condensed milk, dry fruits, ghee, mawa, and other ingredients if you want to know step by step that how lauki ka halwa is been prepared then follow the below steps.
- 600 grams peel bottle gourd (lauki)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 4-5 tablespoon ghee
- 3-4 tablespoon sugar
- 10 chopped cashew nuts (Kaju)
- 10 chopped almonds (baadaam)
- 15 Raisins (kishamish)
- 150–200-gram Mawa
- ¼ or 1 tablespoon Cardamom powder
Lauki ka halwa Recipe
Process 1 ➤
1. Firstly, take a peel lauki, after that divide lauki into 2 parts and then grate the outer green part and remove the inside white part as it contains seeds.
2. Add grated lauki in a pan.
3. Now stir it for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup condensed milk, mix and stir it properly and let it cook on low flame for some time.
5. Now add 1 tablespoon cardamom powder then mix it again.
6. This is the time to cover and cook the halwa for 7-8 minutes on a low flame to make the lauki soft.
7. Cook properly until milk evaporates completely.
8. Now uncover the lauki stir it again well you will notice that lauki will become little dry.
9. You can add 3 tablespoon sugar because lauki became soft stir it well and cook lauki in low flame until it dries completely.
Process 2 ➤
10. Now in another pan we will roast (cook)some nuts.
11. Take 2-tablespoon ghee in which add first chopped cashews and almonds cook them for some time don’t let the color of both change much now after some time add raisins.
12. Now return back to lauki side we will notice that the water dried up completely and halwa is almost done.
13. Add 2 tablespoon desi ghee mix it properly you can also add a drop of color if you want.
14. Now add the nuts in a lauki and mix them all well.
15. Add 150–200-gram Mawa it is one of the most important ingredients because after adding this your halwa will taste more delicious again mix everything well.
16. Halwa is ready now serve it hot and garnish the lauki halwa with mawa and ghee.
How to Serve
The recipe of Lauki ka halwa is prepared in every household in India. Lauki halwa is a kind of sweet dessert that is served on different occasions and festivals to have that sweet taste. You can pair up gazar ka halwa with some nankeen and then serve it.
It will take 10 minutes to prepare.
This recipe will take 25 minutes to cook.
This recipe is for 3 people.
Nutrition present in Lauki ka halwa
Lauki ka halwa or doodhi halwa has 317 calories. In which carbohydrates contain 164 calories. Protein contains 16 calories. And other remaining 134 calories come from fat. Doodhi halwa provides a total of 16% calories requirement of an adult diet of 2000 calories.
We hope that you will try out this amazing sweet creamy recipe of lauki ka halwa, which will take a few minutes to get ready.
For any queries or you are confused anywhere between the step then feel free to ask in the comment section below.
- Daily Value*
- Total Fat: 21g32%
- Chlosterols: 50mg17%
- Sodium: 57mg2%
- Carbohydrates: 37g12%
- Protein: 5g10%
- Potassium: 415mg12%