- Prep Time10 Mins
- Cook Time20 Mins
- Serving3 People
Recipe for Drumstick Curry
The drumstick is one of the easiest and popular known South Indian dishes. This recipe for drumstick curry is delicious and spicy in flavor that goes awesome with steamed rice, pulao, and Lachha paratha. The Drumsticks are very healthy because the plant is famous for their medicinal properties, and to cure various illnesses of our body.
Drumstick is a long, rigid Pod (long green part of a plant that contains seeds like- peas and beans) of the Moringa Oleifera plant or tree. They are hard and green from the outside covering a jelly-like texture from the inside in which the seeds are embedded. In Hindi, it is called Sajjan ki phalli, munagakaya in telugu, murungakkai in tamil, and nuggekai in kaanada.
The recipe of drumstick gravy is quite simple can be made with potatoes, sweet potatoes, or eggs. The drumsticks are blended with a spicy onion tomato gravy that made them juicy and scrumptious to taste.
Making of Drumsticks vegetable recipe
Preparation Time ➢ 10 minutes
Cook Time ➢ 20 minutes
Serving People ➢ 3 people
- 4-5 medium size drumsticks
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- 2-3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder
- ¼ tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida (Hing)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Few chopped coriander leaves to garnish
How to make Drumstick
1. Take drumsticks to wash them, peel the outer layer, and cut them into 3-4 inches long pieces.
2. Now take a pan and heat some oil in it. Now add cumin seeds and 1 medium-sized chopped onion fry it until the onions become brown in color.
3. Now add chopped tomatoes stir them properly and fry till they become soft.
4. When the tomatoes became soft add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste stir everything well.
5. After that we will add ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder, ¼ tablespoon red chili powder, and ½ teaspoon Hing.
6. Saute everything well until you notice oil leaving the sides of the masalas.
7. After that add the chopped drumsticks and mix them well so that the masala coats/covered them well.
8. Put 1 cup of water and salt into it. Now cover the pan and let the drumstick cook well. Make sure that they don’t break and become soft.
9. Lastly, add ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder and few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
10. The hot recipe of drumsticks is ready to serve.
How to serve
You can serve drumstick curry either at lunch or dinner with rice, butter naan, paratha, Lachha paratha, or roti.
The Drumsticks are very healthy and contain a lot of nutrients necessary for our body they are-
- Fat- 18g
- Cholesterol- 65mg
- Sodium- 154mg
- Potassium- 324mg
- Carbohydrates- 12g
- Fiber- 2g
- Sugar- 5g
- Protein- 17g
Is drumstick good for your health?
Yes, drumsticks are good for health because the plant is famous for curing many diseases and also used as a medicine by our ancestors.
Some of the health benefits of drumsticks are-
- It is very good for diabetes patients.
- It helps to fight acne by removing all the impurities present in your blood.
- Improves heart health.
- It is very good for the hair as it is rich in vitamin B and vitamin A.
- Make your bones stronger because of the presence of calcium and iron in them.
- Makes your immune system strong.
Do you peel drumsticks?
Yes, we peel the outer layer of drumsticks because to remove the bitterness from it otherwise it will make full gravy bitter.
Can we eat drumsticks daily?
Yes, we can there are immense benefits of eating drumsticks either dried or boiled. They improve our blood circulation, make our immune system strong, make a healthy heart, and very good for the skin and body.
Can we eat drumsticks raw?
Yes, you can add drumstick leaves and pods to any of your favorite soups. Eat them either boiled or dry they will be effective in both ways.
How many drumsticks should I eat?
Two drumsticks are enough per person and one drumstick for children under 6.
Try out this spicy, juicy, and delicious recipe at home. This healthy recipe for drumstick curry is perfect during these days when consuming healthy is very necessary to make our immune system strong and fight with the virus so, must go with it, if you are facing any problem then leave your comment below.
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 18g28%
- Saturated Fat: 4gm25%
- Cholesterol: 65mg22%
- Sodium: 154mg7%
- Potassium: 324mg9%
- Carbohydrates: 12g4%
- Fiber: 2g8%
- Sugar: 5g6%
- Protein: 17g34%