- Prep Time5 Mins
- Cook Time40 Mins
- Serving3 People
Recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala
The mouth-watering Chicken Tikka recipe is here, we got you the recipe of the most popular Indian cuisine that is prepared on the gas stove at home so follow the step-by-step guide on the recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala.
About Chicken Tikka
Chicken tikka, the chicken type dish is born in South Asia. The dish is famous in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India.
The Chicken tikka is a small cube piece of boneless chicken that is marinated in Indian spices and yogurt, and after that, they are lined on a skewer and grilled in tandoor or clay ovens that are been used to grill foods and enhance their taste. Chicken Tikka is served on a heated plate with onions and chutney.
The process of marinating coats the chicken and make them absorb all the flavors from the spices and herbs, that make it succulent while eating. In restaurants marinating is mostly done overnight or even longer.
Making Chicken Tikka masala
Preparation Time ➢ 5 minutes
Cook Time ➢ 40 minutes
Additional Time ➢ 1 hour
Serving people ➢ 3 people
Ingredients for chicken tikka masala
- 4 tablespoons yogurt/curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger – garlic paste
- Turmeric powder – ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder – ½ tablespoon
- Garam masala – ½ tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- salt to taste
- little pepper
- half lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 500-gram boneless chicken cut into small cube size
- ½ green bell peppers
- ½ red bell peppers/ tomatoes
- 1 large onion
Recipe of chicken tikka masala
1. In a large bowl take 4 tablespoon yogurt/curd, 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, Turmeric powder(½ tablespoon), Cumin powder(½ tablespoon), Garam masala (½ tablespoon), 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder, salt to taste, little pepper, half lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of oil mix everything nicely.
2. Now take 500-gram boneless chicken cut into small cube pieces and add it to the mixing bowl, also add some onions and capsicums mix everything, and coat chicken pieces with masalas.
3. Now cover the mixture and keep it aside for 1 hour to marinate the chicken properly.
4. Now we will arrange the chicken in a skewer, and onions and bell peppers between the pieces, then keep them in a baking tray.
5. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes from one side then flip the side and bake it for 10-15 minutes grill it for 2-3 more minutes to get a good texture and brown color. Adjust the time on the basis of the size you have taken.
6. Take a pan, and turn the flame high because the pan needs to be super-hot that helps the chicken to cook nicely from outside otherwise it will become dry at low-temperature now grease some oil on the pan put the skewer in it, and start grilling the chicken by following the above step once you get that brown color and grill marks turn off the stove.
7. Sprinkle some chat masala or oil or butter if you want and serve them.
How to serve
Chicken Tikka recipe can serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce and some onions placed around it. You can also have it with rice, bread or roti.
Chicken Tikka Nutrition
- Calories- 404
- Protein- 26g
- Carbohydrates- 13.3g
- Fat- 25g
- Cholesterol- 95mg
- Sodium- 150mg
What is the difference between Tandoori and Tikka?
Tandoori and Tikka are almost the same the difference is that Tikka is a boneless marinate chicken while Tandoori has a bone in any part of the Chicken.
Is Chicken Tikka good for weight loss?
No, Chicken tikka is not good for weight loss to avoid having fried chicken prepared in restaurants as they carry a lot of calories in it. Better switch to homemade recipe for chicken tikka masala, chicken tandoori, or chicken soup because they are best for your health and weight loss.
What does Tikka mean?
Tikka means the small cube shape of meat that marinate and then line in a skewer to cook properly on the tandoor.
Enjoy making the recipe for Chicken tikka masala at home that is healthy and tastes heavenly. Keep all the instructions in mind to get the perfect result. Follow us for more such recipes.
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 25g38%
- Chlosterol: 95mg32%
- Sodium: 150mg7%
- Carbohydrates: 13g4%
- Protein: 26g52%
- Potassium: 544mg16%