- Prep Time10 Mins
- Cook Time20 Mins
- Serving3 People
How to make the best recipe for Chicken Pulao
This recipe for Chicken Pulao is very easy to make and A plate full of Chicken pulao will make you more hungry, happy, and taste like heaven then quickly have a look at this colorful-looking recipe.
Pulao as we all know is one of the common and traditional Indian dishes prepared through basmati rice. Whereas, chicken pulao is nothing but just a mixture of chicken with Indian spices and masalas.
It is one of the quick made-up recipes that only need some time to think and prepare. The Chicken Pulao is one of the best options when you crave to eat something that is spice, delicious, and flavored.
There are plenty of ways of cooking Chicken pulao but we have got you one of the simplest ways of Chicken pulao that is both time-consuming and can be easily understood.
To make the Chicken Pulao taste tastier serve it with yogurt, Raita, or Salan.
This recipe for Chicken Pulao can be easily prepared by anyone.
Utensils to prepare recipe for Chicken Pulao
Recipe for Chicken Pulao can be made in either a regular pot or a pressure cooker. The recipe of Chicken pulao can be easily made in both which can be easily available in your Kitchen.
Chicken Pulao Recipe
Process 1 ➢
- If using Basmati rice then wash it properly for 20 minutes. If using regular rice then wash it for 30 minutes. After that remove the water properly and keep it for use.
- Now take Pressure Cooker/ Pot and add ½ or 1 Cup oil.
You can add as much oil as you want
- Now we will add some spices like-
- 1 Black Cardamom (Ilaayachee)
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 3 cloves (Laung)
- 1 tablespoon Black Cumin (Jeera)
Fry all the spices well if you don’t have any one of them then feel free to skip
4. Now add 2-3 chopped onions.
5. After that add 6-7 Green Chillies also make a small cut in between of Chilli so that they do not splutter or burst in oil. The quantity of Green Chilli depends on you how much spicy do you want.
6. Fry until the onion changes its color to light golden not very brown.
7. Now take 500 grams of Chicken that is washed and dried properly.
8. Now pinch a ½ Turmeric Powder.
9. Add salt according to your taste.
10. Now add a two-tablespoon garlic Ginger paste.
Process 5 ➢
11. Turn a flame high stir it and fry properly for about 2-3 minutes.
12. Now turn flame low and cook Chicken for about 8-10 minutes.
13. Check Chicken once or twice if required add 1-2 tablespoon of water and then cook it.
14. Now check and you will notice that the Chicken is almost cooked well.
15. Keep the flame low and add 1 sliced tomato.
16. Add 3-4 tablespoon Curd.
17. Add 2 tablespoon Coriander Powder.
18. Keep the flame low and mix everything properly.
19. Now turn your flame high and add big pieces of Potato this is completely optional if you want you can add or you can skip it.
20. Mix everything properly now again turn your flame low and cook it again for 5-6 minutes so that your potatoes can be half cooked.
21. Everything is cooked well even tomatoes will be cooked properly and become soft.
22. Now we will add soaked rice to keep your flame high.
23. Add garam masala to it.
24. Lastly, add coriander leaves.
25. Keep flame high and boil it properly for about 3-4 minutes.
26. Now lower the flame and boil for 7-8 minutes and when you check you will notice that it is completely ready.
We hope that the above recipe for Chicken Pulao will be useful for you to match it with either Raita or Yogurt. If you have any queries in any of the above steps, then feel free to ask in the comment section below.
- Daily Value*
- Total Fat: 25g38%
- Chlosterols: 63mg21%
- Sodium: 70mg3%
- Carbohydrates: 77g26%
- Protein: 22g44%
- Potassium: 279g8%