- Prep Time12 Mins
- Cook Time12 Mins
- Serving2 People
How to prepare Dalgona Coffee
Try out the simple & step-by-step guide for how to prepare Dalgona Coffee at home that needs a little of your time to get that perfect texture and taste.
About Dalgona Coffee
Dalgona Coffee was invented in South Korea. The recipe became trending through Tik Tok and spread all over the internet. It is prepared by whisking/beating the coffee powder, sugar, and hot water properly to get foamy, creamy, and smooth consistency after that cold or hot milk is added and lastly, it is garnished with coffee, cocoa, or crumbled biscuits.
The coffee required a good hand whisker/mixer, a powerful arm to burn, few hours, little patience, and after such great work you will achieve the palatable flavor that is sweet and tasty to drink.
Making of Dalgona Coffee
Preparation Time ➢ 12 minutes
Total Time ➢ 12 minutes
Serving People ➢ 2 people
Ingredients of Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Instant coffee – 2 tablespoons
- Granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Hot water – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – ½ /120 ml cup
- 2-3 ice cubes
Dalgona Coffee Recipe
1. In a medium-sized bowl take 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, 2 tablespoon of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
2. Now with the help of a hand mixer whisk until it became thick and creamy in texture (with the hand it will take around 8-12 minutes to get that smooth consistency).
3. Now take a glass and fill ¾ part of it with a few ice cubes and milk.
4. Top it up with a mixture of coffee you can also sprinkle some cocoa powder. Mix everything well before drinking.
Instructions for Dalgona Coffee recipe
1. The sugar is necessary to get a fluffy texture if you are avoiding it or sensitive to it then your coffee won’t be fluffy.
2. Dalgona coffee can be prepared with the regular whisker also but it will require some time.
3. You can use cow’s milk, almond milk, oatmeal, or any other milk that you wish to add.
4. Whisk continuously until you get a creamy and thick texture.
Can you make Dalgona coffee with regular coffee?
Instant coffee will work overall best, but if you don’t have so instead you can use freshly brewed espresso or instant espresso powder (1-2 tablespoons, sugar, and no boiling water is needed). Remember not to use fresh ground coffee beans.
Can you make Dalgona Coffee without sugar?
Yes, Dalgona Coffee can be possible without sugar but you will not achieve that fluffy texture and sweet taste which you can get with sugar, but people with sugar sensitivity can avoid it.
What makes Dalgona Coffee Fluffy?
The continuous whisking and shaking of sugar, instant coffee, and water in equal portions make the Dalgona Coffee fluffy and smooth later on adding some milk (hot or cold).
Which Coffee powder is good for Dalgona Coffee?
Instant Coffee powder is best, before adding make sure it is not dark brown otherwise it will be too bitter. You can also use freshly brewed espresso or instant espresso powder (1-2 tablespoons, sugar, and no boiling water is needed) if you don’t have instant coffee.
Try out the easiest guide for how to prepare Dalgona Coffee recipe at home tell us in the comment section how it is prepared and what all efforts you put to get that fluffiness.
You may also read: Pomegranate Juice Recipe
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 6g9%
- Cholesterol: 18mg6%
- Potassium: 330mg9%
- Sodium: 81mg4%
- Protein: 6g12%
- Carbohydrates: 29g10%