- Prep Time15 Mins
- Cook Time1 Mins
- Serving1 People
How to make Pomegranate Juice
Have a look at the step-by-step process of how to make pomegranate juice recipe that is refreshing, luscious, and healthy. This homemade pomegranate juice recipe is more natural than the outside bottled pomegranate juice in the store.
Give your health the best care with a homemade pomegranate juice recipe. The glass is fully loaded with an abundance of health benefits that your body asks for. This pomegranate juice recipe contains all the minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that are incredibly effective for your health.
If we talk about its benefits then it builds your immune system, provides all the necessary nutrients, detoxes the body, and keep you away from diseases including lower down blood sugar level and cholesterol, promoting heart health, protecting from cancer cells, and hydrating skin.
About Pomegranate or Anar
Pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruit that is needed for the human body. It is a beautiful looking red fruit, the outer skin of the pomegranate is thick and not used to eat whereas, inside there are hundreds of seeds that are used to eat. Every seed is covered by a red juicy part that is known as aril.
We can have seeds and arils of the pomegranate either directly or into the juice form.
Pomegranate is used in various ways like in making desserts, sauces, jams, syrups, garnish, and enhancing the flavor of Indian meals.
Pomegranate fruit is grown from historic times in many countries. It is also grown by many families in their homes. Pomegranate fruit is also offered to Hindu gods in many festivals, pooja, ceremonies as a symbol of prosperity.
Pomegranate is mostly available from August to November. People buy Anar during these months.
1 cup Pomegranate seeds
½ cup water
How to make Juice with Pomegranate
1. Firstly, take one full-size pomegranate and wash it properly with water. Now remove the upper portion the flower-shaped part of the fruit.
2. Now divide the fruit into two equal parts from top to bottom and take out all the seeds from it in a bowl.
3. Now take one cup of pomegranate seeds in a blender jar.
4. Put ½ cup water in it.
5. Now blend it properly in a jar until the outer layer of seeds release juice.
6. Make sure that the seeds do not break fully otherwise, the juice will become bitter.
7. Now take a bowl place strainer (chanani) over it now add the prepared blended seeds on the strainer to take out the juice you can also use a cloth to sieve the juice.
8. Now with the help of the backside of the spoon press those seeds so that you can get the juice or pulp.
9. Remove the remaining seeds or you can eat them alone mix some salt or sugar in them.
10. Now take a juice in the glass and add a pinch of salt to it.
11. Take and consume the fresh juice before it begins to oxidize to get all the nutrition, vitamins, and minerals from the drink. Also, if you want to have cold juice then you can freeze the seeds before taking out the juice. Do not add ice cubes to the juice because it will reduce the taste and also take away all the nutrition from it.
How to serve Pomegranate juice ⮞
Pomegranate is one of the healthy drink that can be consumed for breakfast or after a workout. Cold chilled Anar juice can help to reduce all-day stress and give your body energy to prepare for another hard-working day.
If you are serving this juice to small kids then remember to give them in a limited amount.
Pomegranate is full of nutrients. If you take one cup of arils then your body will get:
- Fiber- 10gm
- Protein- 4gm
- Potassium- 590mg
- Folate- 16%
- Vitamin C- 30%
- Vitamin K- 36%
- Sugar- 34gm
- Calories- 144
Can we drink Pomegranate juice every day?
Yes, we can drink pomegranate juice every day. Drinking Anar juice daily benefits-
- Lower down the blood pressure level.
- Very good for heart health
- Improve learning and memory
- Improve cholesterol
- Cleanse plaque from arteries
- Fight Acne
- Improve Bone health
- Promote Hair growth
- Helps to fight Cancer
- Hydrate Skin and give it a natural glow
What are the side effects of pomegranate juice?
There are no side effects if we take pomegranate juice through the mouth. But, if we use pomegranate fruit on the skin, side effects can be possible. Some people will experience sensitivity to pomegranate fruit like- difficulty in breathing, itching, swelling, and runny nose.
Who should not drink pomegranate juice?
Pomegranate is a safe drink if we have it with all the safety measures. Check the label before consuming juice whether it is fresh or not and there is no other mixture of juice that contains added sugar because sugar adds more calories to the juice and lowers down the heart- health benefits.
If you are on any kind of medication then before consuming pomegranate juice or any other juice and eatable items consult with your doctor as it might cause side effects.
What is the best time of day to drink pomegranate juice?
Drinking pomegranate juice empty stomach in the morning is the best time to drink pomegranate juice. Also, in the evening you can add some of the seeds to your salad and consume them daily during dinner time.
How much pomegranate juice should I drink a day?
Drinking 12 ounces/355 ml pomegranate juice each day is safe and healthy for most people also make sure it is 100% pure with no added sugar.
Can pomegranate be eaten empty stomach?
Yes, consuming pomegranate juice empty stomach in the morning is the best time to have it.
We hope that the recipe and information will be beneficial for you. Try out this healthy drink every day and with all the safety precautions to stay away from diseases.
Leave your comment below if you have any queries on how to make pomegranate juice.
You may also read ⮞ ⮞ ⮞ How to make kadha at home
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 2g3%
- Sodium: 7mg0%
- Carbohydrates: 46g15%
- Protein: 4g8%
- Potassium: 590mg17%