- Prep Time2 mins
- Cook Time8 mins
- Serving4 People
How to make Kadha
We hope that the below recipe of how to make kadha to fight with corona will be useful during such a critical time. Carefully have a look and surely try this wonderful recipe at home for you and your family.
Covid born in 2019 is making the lives of people hell every day. The cruel second wave of Corona and the shortage of hospitals, beds, and oxygen making the situation bad and unbelievable for us.
During these tough times protecting your health from the virus should be your first priority people are opting and consuming so many medicines, ayurvedic recipes, and herbal immunity boosters to make their body and health strong so that they can fight with the COVID-19.
There are so many home treatments to fight with a corona that people are opting but here we brought you one of the best herbal health-boosting recipes of how to make kadha that not only protect you from so many diseases like cold and cough but also make your body capable enough to fight with corona.
What is Kadha?
Kadha is one of the traditional, ancient, homemade, and healthy drink that is used for ages by people for a healthy body. The ingredients used in Kadha contain numerous benefits and properties that help your body to fight so many diseases.
Kadha is made up of many natural herbs like- black pepper, ginger, turmeric, cloves, tulsi, honey, cinnamon. When all these ingredients mixed together, they will enhance your immunity, treats several health conditions, maintain good health, and helps you fight COVID- 19 and other infections.
Why take Kadha?
The Kadha is suggested by the COVID survivors during their tough and surviving days. The Kadha plays a great role in fighting the virus. Have a look at the benefits of the ingredients used in the Kadha.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon helps to make your immunity strong also saves you from cold and cough and throat pain
- Cloves- Rich with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that prevent cough and throat pain
- Ginger- Ginger soothes your throat and it is very much beneficial for cough and cold
- Turmeric- Turmeric has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the risk of infection and keeps your body healthy
- Black pepper- Black pepper is anti-microbial that helps you in cold and cough
- Tulsi leaves- One of the traditional herbs and must-add ingredients in the kadha. It helps to improve your immunity and also helps your body to fight the virus
- Honey- It helps to increase your immunity to fight the cold, cough, and other diseases. It also balances the flavor so that you don’t get that bitter taste
Benefits of Kadha
- Kadha makes your skin healthy and also protects from skin disease
- This helps to reduce body pain, muscle pain, and joint pain
- This herbal recipe helps to burn fat and is also very much helpful in weight loss
- The Kadha makes your immune system strong to fight diseases
- It helps to cure all the respiratory problems
- Actually, It improves your metabolism to make your digestion process normal
- It is one of the very useful drink to lower down your blood pressure
- It contains Anti-aging properties that help your skin and hair look healthy
Side effects of Kadha
Have a look at the below points that need to be kept in mind while making kadha otherwise it will affect you negatively.
- Don’t add too much ginger otherwise, it will cause heartburn
- Serve only 4 tablespoons to small kid don’t give them too much amount otherwise it can cause harm to them
- Don’t consume Kadha during fasting
Crush black pepper and make it in a powder form otherwise, it will be difficult for young kids to consume also adding a large amount of black pepper can cause a burning sensation
To make this immunity booster kadha you will be required the following ingredients-
- 4 cloves (laung)
- 8 Black Pepper (kaalee mirch)
- 2 Inch Cinnamon (daalacheenee)
- 8-10 Tulsi leaves
- 2 Inch Ginger (adarak)
- 1 Turmeric Powder
- 2 Cardamom (ilaayachee)
- 2 tablespoon jaggery(gud)
- 1 Bay leave (Tej Patta)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 700 ml Water
1. Take 3 glass of water in a utensil in which you are making the kadha.
2. Turn your flame low.
3. Now take a 2-inch Cinnamon break it into 2 parts and add it to water.
4. Now add 4 pieces of Cloves.
5. Add 2 cardamom (open it while adding in the mixture).
6. Add 1 piece of bay leaves.
7. Then take 6-7 black pepper break it in the form of powder so that it can be consumed by anyone.
8. Add 2 tablespoon jaggery if you want to skip jaggery you can add black salt instead of it.
9. Now take 2-inch ginger crush it properly then add it to the mixture.
10. Now add 1 tablespoon turmeric powder.
11. Take 8-10 tulsi leaves wash them properly and add the leaves to the mixture.
12. You can also add celery (ajavain) if you are suffering from a bad cough if not then you can completely skip.
13. Now cover the kadha and boil it on low flame for 8 minutes.
14. The kadha is ready now.
15. If you have throat pain then you can take the steam of this kadha or you can directly serve it.
16. Before serving add 2-3 spoons of honey to it.
17. Give only 4 tablespoons to small kids.
How to take
You have to sip this kadha when it is warm for better results.
When to take
You can either take it in the morning or evening or both the time.
This is made for 4 people
The time used to prepare this recipe is 2 mins
The time taken to cook this Kadha is 8 mins
The total time required to make this kadha is 10 mins
We hope that the guide on how to make kadha will be beneficial for you. Consume this Kadha every day to lessen the risk of viruses and also other diseases like- cold and cough, head pain, body pain, and throat pain. The kadha is the solution to all your health problems so, please don’t avoid this during these pandemic times. Also, take other safety measures like – wear a mask, wash your hand and sanitize, go outside only when required, and follow the social distancing guidelines.
For any queries feel free to ask in the comment section below.
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Calcium: 10mg