Prep Time10 Mins
Cook Time20 Mins
How to make Egg Curry – Dhaba Style
The article will give you a guide on how to make Egg Curry.
Egg Curry is one of the delicious, healthy, and most liked recipes. It is cooked differently in different regions. This recipe is a mixture of veggies, gravy, and a lot of spices and flavors. The taste of curry will enhance when you pair it with Naan, Paratha, Biryani, Rice, and Pulao. The different style egg curry recipes provided below will be helpful for you in making the exact egg curry that you eat in a restaurant.
How to begin a simple egg curry recipe: Basics
- You can add onions in two ways either directly chop 2-3 onions for an easy go or boil the onions
⬇ How to boil the onions ⬇
- Add 2 cups of water to a utensil.
- Then add 2-3 onions to it.
- Boil it for 4-5 minutes to make the pungent smell of the gravy go away.
- After that take out, the onions cool them and add them to a blender to make a paste.
- Blend the onions to make a smooth paste.
· The gravy of the egg curry recipe will depend on how you want to add the onions.
- You can add tomatoes directly with onions or make a puree for it
⬇ How to make tomato puree ⬇
- Cut 2-3 tomatoes and put them in a jar.
· Mix them well to make a smooth paste.
· You can add either garlic pieces directly or you can also add garlic paste.
- Take 2 eggs and boil them.
- Then peel the surface of the egg.
- After that take oil in a pan and add the egg to it.
- Fry the egg properly until it changes its color to golden.
· If in case you want to make it more delicious then add few spoons of red chili powder or garam masala.
Egg Curry recipe
To make a spice egg curry recipe follow the guide on how to make Egg Curry–
- Take 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. You can use the same pan that is been used to boil eggs, Also, to make the Dhaba-style egg curry add more oil.
- After that add different spices like-
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- ½ Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 2 cloves (Laung)
If you don’t have any of these then you can also skip them and follow further step ⬇
- The spices begin to make a frying sound.
- After that add onions and mix until it changes its color and becomes golden.
- Add garlic according to your taste and mix until the smell goes away.
- Add tomatoes, and mix until the mixture became thick and the smell goes away.
- After that add the masala powder like-
- Red chili powder – ½ or 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar- 1 teaspoon
8. Fry all the masala well until the oil begins to separate, the process will take 2 to 4 mins.
How to make Gravy
9. To make gravy put 1 or 1 ½ cup of water.
10. Mix everything well boil it until the gravy becomes thick.
11. When it will get boiled properly you will notice the stains of oil on your gravy.
12. Add more salt if you feel that it should be added.
13. Finally, add the fried egg and stir it gently. Cover the eggs and cook them on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes so that the egg changes its taste.
14. In the end, you can add ¼ teaspoon Kasuri methi but rub and crush it before adding or you can also add coriander leaves.
15. To make creamy curry take 9-10 cashews and half a cup of water blend it properly to get a smooth milk paste. After that take out the taste and cook until it becomes thick. You can directly add 3- 4 tablespoons of cream if you don’t want to follow such a long process.
You can pair up your egg curry recipe with naan, rice, roti, or paratha that will make you fall in love with your creativity.
If you have any queries related to recipes then you can leave your comment below.
How to make the best egg curry recipe: Guide in short
1. To make the best egg curry recipe, all the spices to be put in oil and the onions to be fried well until they change their color to golden.
2. Once the onions are fried well then mix some garlic paste to release the delicious aroma.
3. After that mix some tomatoes to get that sour taste.
4. Then add salt and chili powder according to your taste.
5. After this prepare gravy and add boiling egg to the gravy.
6. Finally, add coriander leaves or Kasuri methi to uplift the taste of your egg curry.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is curry healthy to eat?
Ans. Egg Curry is very good for health as we all are aware that eggs are rich in vitamins and minerals. Egg contains Vitamin B in large amount that is necessary for the smooth and healthy functioning of the brain cells and the nervous system.
How many calories does egg curry have?
Ans. The egg curry recipe consists of a total of 156 calories. Out of which carbohydrates consist of 11 calories, protein consists 28 calories, and other calories are fat that consist of 117 calories.
What do you eat with egg curry?
Ans. Egg Curry matches well with roti, paratha, butter naan, jeera rice, biryani, pulao, and coconut rice.
You may also read: Chicken Pulao Recipe
- Daily Value*
Total Fat: 13g