- Prep Time15 Mins
- Cook Time20 Mins
- Serving3 People
How to make Aloo Tikki
Want to relish the taste of this delicious Indian street snack? Then try out the below step-by-step guide on how to make aloo tikki.
About Aloo Tikki
Aloo Tikki, whenever you hear of this popular Indian street food your mouth became watery. The snack is a mixture of boiled potatoes, spices, masalas, and herbs that enhance its taste. Aloo is the Hindi word that means Potato and Tikki mean Patties. So, Aloo Tikki is translated as Potato Tikki. The Potato Tikki are amalgamated with spicy, crispy, and delicious flavors and are mostly consumed as a snack.
Tikki is prepared in two ways either with stuffing or without stuffing. In North India stuffed Aloo Tikki is very popular. The outer crispy brown layer covers the inside stuffing that is done with potatoes, herbs, and spices.
In many restaurants stuffing is done in different styles they are also used inside the burger, sandwich, and patties to make them taste awesome.
The crispy Tikki recipe is best enjoyed by green chutney, mint chutney, and also with curd.
Duration for preparation ⮞
Preparation Time ⮞ 15 minutes
Cooking Time ⮞ 20 minutes
Serve people ⮞ 3
- 4 large boiled Potatoes
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- ½ tablespoon Kashmiri powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste- 1 tablespoon
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
How to make a Aloo Tikki
1. First of all, take 4 potatoes in a cooker and cook them for 4 whistles on a medium flame.
2. Now after 4 whistles take out the potatoes carefully and then remove the skin and mash them in a bowl.
3. Now in the mashed potatoes add 2 chopped green chilies, few chopped coriander leaves, ½ tablespoon Kashmiri powder, ½ tablespoon garam masala powder, 1 tablespoon salt, ½ lemon juice, 1 tablespoon rice flour, mix everything properly to make a dough.
4. Now take a small amount of masala and make 8-9 round Patties/Tikki after that refrigerate them.
5. Now in a pan take oil and put those Tikki in it fry both the side till they change to golden brown in color.
6. Tikki is ready now to serve with mint or green chutney.
How to serve
It can be best served with mint chutney, garlic chutney, or green chutney. It is used in many other snacks also like burgers, sandwiches, and patties to make them taste awesome.
Tikki contains 89 calories out of which carbohydrates comprise 50 calories, protein contains 50 calories and fat accounts for 33 calories.
You can easily burn those 89 calories through Walking, Running, Cycling, and Swimming.
Is Aloo Tikki good for health?
No it is not good for health because it contains potatoes that are high in carbohydrates that lead to weight gain, and also it is harmful to diabetes, obesity, and heart problem.
Try out this guide on how to make aloo tikki at home, to have a taste of those street snacks which you miss during the lockdown.
For any queries comment on the below box.
You may also read ⮞ ⮞ ⮞ How to make Carrot Halwa
- Daily Value*
- Fat: 8g12%
- Chlosterols: 4mg1%
- Sodium: 212mg9%
- Carbohydrates: 19g6%
- Protein: 3g6%
- Potassium: 466mg13%