- Prep Time5 Mins
- Cook Time45 Mins
- Serving6 People
How do make Banana Cake
How do make Banana Cake- Follow the healthy banana cake recipe step-by-step. The simple banana cake recipe is made with mashed bananas and whole wheat flour.
It is one of the quick and best banana cake recipe that will be amazingly delicious, moist, fluffy, and healthy. We will be sharing here banana cake recipe without eggs that will be the same as other cake in taste and texture.
So, try out the banana cake easy recipe and make your tea time special.
About the banana cake recipe
Banana cake recipe | eggless prepared with bananas and other cake ingredients like oil, flour, sugar, and milk. We have to mash bananas and mix them with milk, butter, and sugar mash them to make a batter after that pour it into a cooker and bake until it became fluffy and cooked properly.
This recipe shown here is eggless and prepare in a cooker with healthy ingredients. The main ingredient of the banana cake recipe moist and fluffy are-
Bananas – At least 4-5 ripe bananas just mash them off to prepare it more quickly.
Baking powder and baking soda- It is another important ingredient that will help in the fluffiness use both fresh.
Flavors- For more flavors and crunch you can also add dry fruits, vanilla essence, Choco chips, or cocoa powder.
Flour- We have here used whole wheat flour you can use all-purpose flour/Maida as well.
Oil- You can use any oil like- coconut, or olive oil, also you can use butter instead of oil.
Spices- Spices can also work great in this recipe if you wish to add cinnamon, nutmeg, or cloves add only ½ tablespoon to enhance the taste and for an awesome aroma.
So, let’s begin how do make banana cake in cooker and eggless we have here firstly made dry ingredients then wet ingredients and afterward combine both together. We will also be sharing banana cake recipe in the microwave.
Making of banana cake recipe
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 45 minutes
Serving – 6 people
Course – Dessert
Cuisine – American
Banana cake ingredients
- 4-medium to large ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- Melted butter – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence – 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup curd
- Dry nuts- raisins, cashew, walnuts, almonds (any)
How to make Banana Cake
In a blending jar add 4 ripe bananas (cut into round shapes), add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence mix everything till the mixture is light and creamy.
You can also mash the bananas and in that add sugar, butter, and vanilla essence stir the mixture with your hands till the sugar completely dissolves and the mixture is light, pale, and creamy. Keep it aside.
1. In a bowl sieve 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Now combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend everything.
3. Then add little by little 1 cup milk, ¼ cup curd again mix them until well combined. The batter is ready.
4. Now take a pressure cooker and remove the gas kit (ring) and whistle from the lid.
5. After that place the butter paper(base) in the cooker and grease the base and side of the pressure cooker with oil/butter. You can also skip butter paper if you don’t have but it helps to avoid burning so better use it.
6. Transfer the cake batter to the pressure cooker sprinkle crushed walnuts from the top of any dry fruits available.
7. Now cover the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 40-45 minutes on low flame.
8. After cooking for 40 minutes open the lid and check the cake with the knife if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. Turn off the flame. If the cake is not cooked bake it again for 5 more minutes.
9. Cool down the cake and then remove it.
10. The banana wheat cake is ready to serve with either tea or coffee.
Banana Cake in Microwave
1. Preheat the microwave to 170 C for at least 10-15 minutes.
2. For wet ingredients- In a blending, jar adds banana, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla essence blend until you get creamy and light consistency.
3. For dry ingredients- sieve whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix all the dry ingredients.
4. Now combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend everything.
5. Then add little by little milk and curd mix them until well combined.
6. After that take a pan grease it from all sides with butter sprinkle wheat flour in it. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the tray to release bubbles. You can also add dry fruits here.
7. Make sure the baking time depends on the pan if using a 6-inch pan then it will take 30 mins if using an 8-inch pan then it will take 35-36 minutes.
8. Now bake the cake when done check with the help of a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean then the cake is baked.
9. Take out the pan and let it cool on a wire rack at room temperature. You can also place it in a refrigerator if you are in a hurry.
You can easily store cake for 2-3 days in an air-tight box and refrigerate it. It can also be refrigerated for 1-2 weeks.
How to serve
Serve soft fluffy delicious cake in the evening with tea or coffee you can also have it after the meal.
- Calories- 123
- Fat- 6g
- Cholesterol- 34mg
- Sodium- 129mg
- Potassium- 201mg
- Carbohydrates- 14g
- Fiber- 1g
- Sugar- 2g
- Protein- 3g
Which flour is used to make cake?
If you are looking for a healthy option then use whole wheat flour you can also use all-purpose flour/ Maida but it can have a negative effect on your body so it is better to avoid it.
Is banana cake unhealthy?
Yes, it is unhealthy because it contains Maida in it that can give way to many health problems but, you can skip Maida with wheat flour also instead of sugar use jaggery or honey and for oil use olive oil/ vegetable oil avoids butter, then the banana cake can turn out healthy to you.
Another important and healthy ingredient in it is banana which is loaded with nutrients and other health benefits- Bananas contain nutrients including potassium, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6. Banana boosts your energy and makes your immune system strong they also lower blood pressure, prevents heart diseases, and overcome depression.
Why does banana cake need baking soda?
Baking soda in the banana cake and all other cake is used for fluffiness. Along with it use baking soda also. Both are mandatory.
Is there a difference between banana bread and banana cake?
Banana bread is a type of bread that uses bananas as a primary ingredient while the banana cake is made with banana as the main ingredient and other ingredients like flour, milk, sugar, and baking soda.
Banana bread is dense and heavier. While the cake is soft and less dense.
Banana bread is less sweet while the cake is sweeter. Also, banana bread does not contain icing and frosting-like banana cake.
Banana bread needs heavier flours like Maida or whole wheat flour. Whereas, this cake recipe require lighter flours like those of pastry or cake flour.
We hope you will surely try out the banana cake recipe dessert at home for any party or occasion. For any queries on how do make banana cake let us know in the comment section below.
- Daily Value*
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 129mg
- Potassium: 201mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 3g