Prep Time10 Mins
Cook Time30 Mins
Gajar ka halwa recipe
Want to relish and taste carrot halwa? Then follow the step-by-step guide on gajar ka halwa recipe.
Carrot Halwa is one of the most common sweet dish, So, it is loved by almost everyone across the country. Gajar ka halwa recipe is a mixture of many ingredients like – carrots, milk, nuts, and sugar when all the ingredients cooked in desi ghee the aroma and flavor will make you more hungry to eat it.
Mostly people like Gazar ka halwa during winters when carrots usually come. The combination of cold winter and hot gazar ka halwa is just beyond the words.
Carrot Halwa ingredients
- 1/ ½ kg grated carrots
- Half cup khoya
- ¼ tablespoon cardamom powder
- 500-gram Sugar
- 250-gram Ghee
- 400-gram Condensed milk
- Almonds – 50 grams
- Cashew nuts – 50 grams
- Pistachios (pisata) – 50 grams
How make Carrot Halwa / Gajar ka halwa
1. First, take 1/ ½ kg of carrot wash it properly, and then grate it.
2. Now take a pan heat it in a high flame now turn the flame low, add ghee, and heat it nicely.
3. Next, add grated carrots don’t add the water of carrots throw it away.
4. Mix the carrot properly in ghee and you will notice that the color of the carrot will change to orange.
5. Don’t cover the carrot cook it for 20-25 minutes on a medium flame continue to stir it properly.
6. After 20-25 minutes you will notice that the quantity of gazar will become more.
7. Now turn the flame high and cook the carrot for 8-9 minutes keep mixing the carrot properly.
8. Reduce the flame to medium now add milk and mix it.
9. Now cover the pan and on low flame cook it for 20 minutes keep stirring in between.
10. Uncover it and add some sugar to it mix again properly.
11. Add dry fruits and mix everything properly.
12. Now cover the pan and on low flame again cook it for 10-15 minutes keep mixing it in between.
13. Again, turn the flame medium uncover the pan, and keep mixing, stirring, and keep mashing the halwa.
14. Finally, add some khoya, dry fruits, and cardamom powder mix everything well, and serve it.
How to serve gazar ka halwa?
Gazar ka halwa is an Indian dessert that can be served after the meal to get some sweet taste. To serve it to your guest pair it with namkeen that will enhance the taste of gazar ka halwa more.
How many calories present in Carrot halwa?
The calories present in 150-gram of Carrot halwa is 170-175 calories. The main ingredients present in the gazar ka halwa are carrots, sugar, cardamom, milk, and ghee that make the dish healthy.
Is carrot halwa good for health?
Gazar ka halwa is good for your health because of the ingredients that use in it, carry a lot of nutrients like:
- Carrots – In carrots antioxidants are present that help to improve and protect your vision. Vitamin C and Vitamin K are also present in it along with the fiber that enhances your health and maintains good blood pressure.
- Milk – We all are aware of the benefits of milk for our bodies. Vitamins – A, B1, B2, B12, and D, calcium, magnesium, and potassium is present in milk that our body always requires. Also, milk improves bones and made them strong.
- Ghee – The ghee is used in many household dishes but are you aware of its benefits? It consists of many antioxidants and amino acids. Ghee also improves your memory, makes you look younger, and improves your immunity. It also helps to reduce joint pain and other aches and pains.
Is gazar ka halwa good for weight loss?
Gazar ka halwa is healthy as well as also helps in weight loss, because of the healthy nutrients present in it. The ingredients like – carrots, ghee, cardamom powder present in the Carrot halwa helps to reduce and shed belly fat.
The recipe is prepared and served for a total of 4 people.
The preparation time required to make gajar ka halwa recipe is 10 minutes.
The cook time needed to make gazar ka halwa recipe is 30 minutes.
The total time taken in making Carrot halwa recipe is 40 minutes.
We hope that the Gajar ka halwa recipe will be enjoyed and loved by you all. Let us know in the comment section that what’s special in your gazar halwa recipe.
- Daily Value*