- Prep Time5 Mins
- Cook Time55 Mins
- Serving3 People
Brown Rice Recipe for Weight Loss
Brown rice recipe for weight loss – Brown rice is one of the healthy dish for those who want to weight loss it is tasty, loaded with nutrients, low-fat, and a super light meal that makes your tummy full.
You can match it with Dahi, salad once you become habitual of its taste then you can pair it up with different curries like- Paneer butter masala, Dal fry, and chana masala. Let us have a look at the process of the Brown rice recipe for weight loss.
About Brown Rice
Brown rice is considered one of the best alternatives to white rice it is loaded with nutrients and is more healthy than white rice. During the processing, only the outer layer known as the husk is removed while in white rice all the three layers- husk, bran, and germ are removed.
The outer layer of brown rice comprises vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, amino acids, and y-oryzanol. Since the presence of fiber in brown rice is high than white rice which makes us feel full and if we eat less then losing weight became quite easy.
Brown rice takes more time to prepare than white rice because of the multiple layers present in it. Though the taste is not as much delicious as white rice once you become used to it then the taste will be palatable.
So, have a look at the making of brown rice recipe healthy for which you just need a pressure cooker and simple ingredients that are easily available at your home. Also, whether it is long, short, or medium brown rice the recipe goes well with all.
Making of Brown Rice
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 55 minutes
Serving – 3 people
Ingredients (Brown Rice)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 tablespoon salt to taste(optional)
Ingredients (Brown veg rice)
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- ¼ green peas
- Small chopped cabbage
- 3-4 chopped shallots/onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ tablespoon black pepper powder
- Green onions
How to make healthy Brown Rice recipe
1. In a pressure cooker take brown rice and wash it in the cooker itself.
2. Now in the soaked rice add 2 cups of water, salt to taste, then stir it.
3. Cover the lid turn on the flame and allow it to cook for 8 whistles on medium flame.
4. Once the pressure cooker cools down open the lid slowly.
5. The rice is cooked properly you can check with the help of a spoon.
6. Don’t overcook the rice if it is not cooked you can add water and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
Brown Veg Rice for weight loss
1. Turn on the flame low place a pan in that add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat it, once the oil became hot add chopped garlic and stir it well for few minutes.
2. Add chopped onions and again mix it after that add chopped green chilies, chopped carrots, add green peas, salt to taste, cover the mixture and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Uncover the lid stir it and then add chopped cabbage stir everything well so that they don’t stick to the bottom.
4. Now take few green onions chop them, add them, and stir them well to avoid stickiness.
5. Now add ½ tablespoon soy sauce. Stir it.
6. Add cooked brown rice in that mix well then from top add ¾ tablespoon black pepper powder.
7. When the rice is mixed properly turn off the flame and add ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional) and stir it.
8. Lastly, for garnishing add chopped green onions.
9. The healthy brown rice recipe is ready to serve.
How to serve Brown Rice
Serve healthy brown rice both times either in lunch or dinner with Dahi, papad, salad, and different curries like- Paneer butter masala, Dal fry, and chana masala.
Nutrients in Brown Rice
The Nutrition facts of brown rice are-
- Calories- 111
- Cholesterol- 0 mg
- Sodium- 5mg
- Potassium- 43mg
- Fiber- 1.8g
- Sugar- 0.4g
- Protein- 2.6g
Is it OK to eat brown rice every day?
It is Ok to have rice one time a day or better having brown rice a few times a week avoid having it so many times a day/every day because it contains arsenic and an excess amount of it can cause heart disease and some types of cancer.
How much brown rice should I eat a day?
Having 1 or ½ cup brown rice a day is sufficient to avoid taking it more as it contains arsenic that can cause heart disease and some types of cancer.
Which brown rice is best for weight loss?
Basmati brown rice is best for weight loss.
Can we eat brown rice at night for weight loss?
Yes, you can brown rice contain fewer carbs, low calories, loaded with essential nutrients, and is one the best substitute for weight loss. The brown rice also includes high levels of carbohydrates that make you fall asleep faster if you have it at night. Also, the presence of fiber in it keeps your tummy full so when your stomach is full you will eat less.
Just avoid unhealthy foods and try out a healthy brown rice recipe for weight loss that is light, healthy, and delicious which we miss while shedding extra fat.
- Daily Value*
- Calories: 111
- Chlosterols: 0mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Protein: 2.6g
- Potassium: 43mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g